Rangie V8 automatic conversion --> 300TDI

Velar

Is it possible to use a Rangie Automatic transmission on a 300 TDI (manual)

If yes.. what special parts do I need for this conversion?

Bart

Bart,

Id give ashcroft transmissions a ring, I wanted to do same, he suggested I got hold of a Disco setup to keep all gearing in right places...

Im sure it could be done, Ive a rangie V8EFi auto in my 90, but the top end lacks a bit..

If ever I find a 300Tdi auto, then its engine.gearbox.transfer box etc are going into the90, but thats another story...

You can not use the petrol auto box with the 300tdi or visa versa. The valve body in the box is set up different.

I just did the conversion from v8 with auto to 300tdi with auto to my 110.

I found a 300tdi disco with auto to use as a donor. This is your best bet as you get most of the parts you need.

I have done some work on a rangie with a 300 against a 3.5efi box. Apart from the shift points being diffrent which can be over come. :D The main breakage was V8 Flex plates were eaten at a rate of 2 in 2000 miles :angry: . a much stronger home brew version was machined up, and motor moved on...... Before anything else broke :ph34r:

I would stick with a 100% transplant (Engine and Box). and perhaps de-electronic the TDI in the process.

Hope that helps.

Oz