Discovery 1 rear light unit connector plug

ggeoff

Hi

I have been attepting to get my rear tail lights working. The problem is NS only. I established that the power supply is present. The trouble is that the spade connector is not going home. The connector block plug is not retaining the spade connector. I might be able to use tweezers to push the spade connector down through the connector plug onto the light socket strip. The spade connector has two red wires attached to it which tend to make it bulky. Alternatively, does anyone know what the part number of the plug is?

The car is an August 1994 Discovery 1 300tdi with full lights on both bumper and wings.

Thanks teabag.

I have not managed to get a good connection using my tweezers, although it does appear as if the space connector is now located in the proper place. I think that I should in yours words "stay frosty. . get someone else to do it" :unsure: It's due for its MOT so it's now down to the garage to fix it for me.

Replacement connectors can be fiited to the wiring loom.

I think that the Discovery-1 tail lights use a 2-way Econoseal connector (same as Defender 'NAS' lamps) but, to be sure, can you post a picture of the dodgy connector.