Springs.....

On my Td5 90 XS (County stylee) I have anti-roll bars on front and rear....

I'm considering removing them as I'm not rallying or racing around roundabouts etc. and the wonderful X-Deflex is not available for my truck yet......

Road manners are good but I just want to make sure I'm not restricted more than required when off-road... (Although this is quite a rare occurence these days..)

Does anyone know if the springs are different on XS versus standard County or Vans of the 2003 era before I take the ARB's off and experiment without for a week or so....

Thanks in advance

Neil

Do you know what colour codes you have on there. I'm pretty sure I have a set of genuine 90 HD springs, new take offs in the garage somewhere. You can have these if you want.

You are welcome to have a drive of mine, Genuine HD springs (with RR 10mm isolators), OME shocks to compare with how it would be with no ARB's.

Cheers

Steve

If you remove the ARBs you will probably have to inform your insurance company as you are modifying your suspension.

I would think very carefully before removing them Do you have TC? If you do and don't do extreme off roading i don't think ARBs will hold you back!

Having a chat with Si basically there isn't one designed to fit yet.. He says he has ideas so I've added myself to his virtual beta testers list ! :)

Only challenge now will me being able to afford such ideas....

He says it would be very low and offer restricted ground clearance... Can sort of visualise what he's describing...

A look under the truck in daylight might help me more.I'm not looking for extreme.. Just good road manners and the opportunity for a little more flex / traction than the ARB's are likely to allow... (That said, getting off-road seems a rare old thing these days..)

Neil - i am job smacked ! i obviously missed the purchase of the 90!!! has the 110 gone?

i run my 110 with no rear ARB, and previously ran with no ARBs, doesn't seem to make much odds to me pottering about.

Found the springs. Not a set, so no use to you, I have two red/whites, a blue and a yellow.

Probably best thing to do is work out what springs you have on there, take off the ARB's and see how you find the ride. If not happy, you can look at finding some stiffer springs that keep you close to standard height and some uprated dampers.

Neil - i am job smacked ! i obviously missed the purchase of the 90!!! has the 110 gone?

i run my 110 with no rear ARB, and previously ran with no ARBs, doesn't seem to make much odds to me pottering about.

Yes James.... 110 went August to another forum member..... Still going strong in the Sheffield / Leeds area.

I bought the 90 to replace the 110 and BMW... The latter not being any good in snow etc. and running and insuring two cars etc. was adding up.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=78279

Working well.. Averaging 30 MPG and enjoying my commute :)

I run anti roll bars F &R on the 110 and I have as much rear articulation as is possible with the +2" shocks fitted. The standard spings dislocate by a good 2 inches very easily. Road manners are extremely good for a barge I would say with very little body roll. I guess the extra leverage of the longer wheelbase helps but I would be interested to know how much ARBs on a 90 really limit the articualtion on a standardish truck.

Oh, and I have a rear locker just in case :D

That's good to read Mark.... I may end up leaving well alone but just wanting to explore options.

I suppose thinking about it... ARB's are designed to work under compression and when the suspension is extended, they have the ability to flex the other way and use the additional articulation designed into the connecting ball joints....