Help to megasquirting my 90 4.6l froggy

ANTOINE

just to help me for finish the wiring loom

img_1714.jpg

less 5 wires, 2 +12,1 +12 for fuel pump,1+ for +12 after contact, and 1 - for mass

img_1715.jpg

i think i will try to do the triggle while on an another pulley, and i will change the joint crankshaft with,

The general rule with earthing things is:

- If it's a sensor/small signal, the earth goes back to where it is being measured to avoid interference / earth difference

- If it's high-current / power, earth it to a good solid earth

The lambda sensor shows this very well: The signal part gets earthed to the ECU so the ECU has a nice signal relative to its own ground, the heater part is using some current so it gets a good earth for the power to run through.

The ground from the EDIS (and from the Megasquirt) is the return path for large currents (coil current or injector current) so they need to go through a good cable to a good ground.

Fridge, I'm with you all the way on that, but as it happens the Wideband instructions told me to keep all wires together, so I did :D

Had it not been for that, I would have earthed the lambda heater away from the ECU!

It does seem to work ok though tbh!

Cheers :D

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We finish to fit everything.

Now, when we start the computer, we are not sure to have started the software correctly. We did not have exactly the main question "Do you wish to burn values to controller ?"

When we tried to start the engine, it seems that it has too much timing spark. When we released the starter, the engine went unclockwise.... but we are sure about the fifth tooth and the TDC mark.

Can you help us ?

Thanks

i don't know how i can say it, when I see the screen on the PC, many tachometer is with a value (temp)

i am sure (in theorie) the treegle wheel is good

Sam , where i can see the laptop , and what it must be marked ??

this is a Nigel map, i think he know what he do, but me no, and i have read more and more explication, but i think ( hope) i have nothing forget .........

when I try to charge my programme, I have this, this is good ?,

110.jpg

210.jpg

when I finish and I try to start, the engine bloc, i think too advance on spark ....

on this picture i see Edis, this normal ? not twin edis ???

310.jpg

please helpppppppppppp, i want start without broken my engine ...........arggggggggggggh

Your settings are correct, remember that a small difference with the trigger wheel & VR sensor will make a BIG difference in timing angle, so you must make the timing correct using a timing light and adjust the "trim" angle in software.

I put everything to 10deg in the ignition table (remember to save your real .msq before you do this!) then use a timing light to check & adjust the trim angle in spark settings until the light shows 10deg, then you know everything is true.

For 1st start, I would try to use very "soft" timing, even as far as 0deg, until you can get the engine running & check with the timing light.

Trim angle, it affects the ignition map value only, NOT the fixed angle:

spark_settings.png

Yes.

The "trim angle" is added to the table, this is how you can make small adjustments to the timing because the trigger wheel + VR can never be exactly right.

MS calculates: (table value) + (trim angle) = (angle sent to EDIS)

To get the timing correct, set all the "Ignition advance table" to 10, then use the timing light to see the timing. It will be different than expected (unless you are VERY lucky), so you must change "trim angle" until the timing light shows 10deg (so table value = real life).

Your settings are correct, remember that a small difference with the trigger wheel & VR sensor will make a BIG difference in timing angle, so you must make the timing correct using a timing light and adjust the "trim" angle in software.

I put everything to 10deg in the ignition table (remember to save your real .msq before you do this!) then use a timing light to check & adjust the trim angle in spark settings until the light shows 10deg, then you know everything is true.

For 1st start, I would try to use very "soft" timing, even as far as 0deg, until you can get the engine running & check with the timing light.

Trim angle, it affects the ignition map value only, NOT the fixed angle:

spark_settings.png

argggggg, but me on this table, i have -10 .....

so , what I must do, put 10 like you or change table as bowie say me, pleaseeeeeeee try to give me a solution together, i don't uinderstand all, that's very difficult to me, why i am not born near the queen

i begin to understand, but if you can tell me a response for my precedent post ;)

i have forgotten i have a duplex timing chain to, and i think my problem can be came of this ............

tommorown i try to found a strombo light ........

i will start one day, thanks again to help me

ok, thank you very much

i will try when i will found a stromb light, tommorown i try to found this,

i think i have a problem because i have a duplex timing chain, ??? no ??

after, if i start what i must do ?? change the table ?? how ??

thanks i begin to understand better the MS(small better only)

we don't speak again ve table and afr table now, ;) mouarfffffffffffffffff

first time, started

thanks again to help me