Help to megasquirting my 90 4.6l froggy

ANTOINE

Hi, no problem ;), i hope you have be fun

but again a new problem, i have see that's strombo light can't read the jumo, because 2 spark in one round crankshaft, so if you have some link to tell me what light i can use, thanks i cherh yesterday evening ago, and i don't want buy something no good

or if you have a solution to read a correct value with a traditional light ??

To read correct value with traditional light just divide value by 2.

For example, 20 degrees on traditional light is actual 10 degrees on engine :)

Sorry, but this is very wrong, 10=10 degrees however you measure it.

Any normal strobe should work fine, you may need to turn the inductive pick up the other way on lead #1 to get it to work though, i.e. pointing at coil pack rather than plug.

No need to buy another light for sure.

Sorry, but this is very wrong, 10=10 degrees however you measure it.

Any normal strobe should work fine, you may need to turn the inductive pick up the other way on lead #1 to get it to work though, i.e. pointing at coil pack rather than plug.

No need to buy another light for sure.

I was thinking that too, my light is a normal cheap one (Gunsons, came from Halfords) with inductive (clamp) pickup and reads correctly. It's possible you have the EDIS wired so you are triggering from the negative side of the coil, which may confuse some timing lights, but really it should just work.

Now I'm back at my laptop, Mr Noisy, does this mean you have been running at half your intended advance at idle?

i.e. MT says 10 degrees, where your timing marks say 5?

In which case you need to adjust your trim angle to compensate, and then go and do some more tuning, as you are most likely losing out on power and economy.

Other option to get the timing light to work is temporarily swap the leads on the coli pack, 1 & 6, and still read off the #1 lead, as this reverses the spark.

can you explain me better bowie, please

i have buy a timing light who take "normaly" dis, but if I have a bad thread on this light, i would like understand your sentence

try to explain me with simple sentence, sorry, my english teacher was femelle, and I have don't listen enough

hmmm.

well, for whatever reason, my timing light reads double the advance.

this is well documented in my thread, and it was a while before i figured it out, after i had changed my trousers a few times i came to the conclusion that because it is wasted spark it is firing twice as much, so it works out that it is twice as advanced.

i admit i am not 100% sure the maths is correct here, but it seems like a pretty decent explanation to an otherwise unexplainable situation, because the system is definitely wired correctly!!

lifted from canems website:

Note that strobe lights can interfere with the ECU power supply. Therefore, always use an

external power supply for the timing light. Furthermore, because the ECU uses a wasted
spark ignition system, some advanced strobe lights can be fooled into thinking the engine is
running at double speed. If in doubt, either use a basic strobe light with no advance/retard
knob or else set the advance/retard knob to zero degrees.

Now I'm back at my laptop, Mr Noisy, does this mean you have been running at half your intended advance at idle?

i.e. MT says 10 degrees, where your timing marks say 5?

In which case you need to adjust your trim angle to compensate, and then go and do some more tuning, as you are most likely losing out on power and economy.

Other option to get the timing light to work is temporarily swap the leads on the coli pack, 1 & 6, and still read off the #1 lead, as this reverses the spark.

Hi bowie,

my timing is correct, in fact i didnt have to adjust the trim angle at all because we had got the trigger wheel bang on, but when i checked this on second startup it said 12 degrees on the laptop and 24 on the timing light.

i **** myself until i realised that wasted spark was confusing my timing light, perhaps because it is a snap-on unit.

the engine timing is correct but the timing light reads it as double, so basically i set my light to 24 degrees and the timing marks on the crank pulley show TDC, then i know im running 12 degrees actual advance.

:)

to late for the light,

if i start with change the table in 10 and the value of the trim angle, (up of zero to arrive to 10degre or under of zero, a peace of advice)

after i can change all 10 in table spark with the old table ( the same old value every where ? )

Mr Noisy, I see what you mean now, I didn't realise you meant a timing reading on the timing light, thought you were checking against the pulley and timing mark , I am with you now :)

Dumb timing lights are better in this instance for sure :)

hi, freedge, i have the same propriety , but i have don't the connection with MS

my cable is on the port com 4, and when i configure it by the setting in mega thune, i have not a connection, (the same on megathune and my computer)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, i have my new light gun, but i can't start the engine, because i have not connection with the box, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, so i can't change the value for do my test on spark table to try start,,,

tommorown , i read again the usb cable program, but .........