Gulf to CH Spec / LR shop in CH

Gaijin

Hello all,

I've imported my Tomb Raider 90 from Dubai to Switerland. I've noticed different bits on the Swiss defenders, this plus the all the raised middle fingers about the black smoke makes me think that and figure that I've got to do a little work on my Gulf spec to make it legal here in CH. eventually I will afterall need Swiss Plates.

I've talked to the dealer in Lausanne, but they don't seem all that engaged/interested. Does anyone have advice about where I might find someone who might assit. A big bonus would be the ability to speak English. Also somewhere between Geneva and Lausanne would be best

Thanks and best,

Jason

Hello all,

I've imported my Tomb Raider 90 from Dubai to Switerland. I've noticed different bits on the Swiss defenders, this plus the all the raised middle fingers about the black smoke makes me think that and figure that I've got to do a little work on my Gulf spec to make it legal here in CH. eventually I will afterall need Swiss Plates.

I've talked to the dealer in Lausanne, but they don't seem all that engaged/interested. Does anyone have advice about where I might find someone who might assit. A big bonus would be the ability to speak English. Also somewhere between Geneva and Lausanne would be best

Thanks and best,

Jason

Try to post on the Landmania forum HERE

It's french speaking, but a lot do read/write english and a few of them live round area.

hey Jason,

i don't think you will get much joy from anyone in CH in regards to Land rovers. I had a 110 V8 when i lived in Villars and couldn't get stuff for love nor money.

best bet is to get it sent over- or come and pick them up yourself- i used to be able to travel from Aigle to Somerset for £80 which was usually cheaper than shipping charges, and definitely cheaper than driving!

hope this helps

Jim

Hi Jason,

I'm living in Geneva & I am about to do the same thing - register my UK V8 here. (its a little different for me as i have immunity from the emissions regs because of my status - i work for an International Organisation)

I have had no contact with dealers here, i prefer to order parts from the UK.

I have come across a coupe of swiss landrover clubs -

http://www.lrc-edelweiss.com/fr/index.htm

http://www.lros.ch/en/

hope that helps a bit..

Jason,

The Swiss are quite difficult about this "homologation" thing. Am I right in thinking that you chipped your TD5? If so, you will likely have to "un-chip" it. Not Land Rover specific, but there was a guy with an independent garage up around Mex who "specialized" in getting foreign spec vehicles to pass the Swiss MoT. Think many spondoolies though.

Have a word with the relo people in Lausanne (Eliane Baglione was always quite helpful if she is still doing that sort of thing), it can't be the first time someone has had to do this, so they should be able to point you at somebody - maybe the guy in Mex? My guess is that emmissions are going to be your only big hurdle but since the TD5 itself was standard in Swiss LR's of the same time period, it should be feasible to get it sorted. Mind you, they are tricky about things like tyre size etc.....

The two phrases you need are "Faites la comme il faut" and "Mais oui, ca fait combien?" :P