Chassis Number

Simon_CSK

I hope you can add a few more possibilities for a D1 of 1998 vintage too....

I have my rolling chassis sitting out in the yard and there is no vin on the chassis on the front legs nor the rear and neither is there anything to suggest any welding or repairs have taken place!!!

To say am miffed is understatement!!!

If it had been fitted with a replacement at some point in time would they have stamped it on there or not?

I have my rolling chassis sitting out in the yard and there is no vin on the chassis on the front legs nor the rear and neither is there anything to suggest any welding or repairs have taken place!!!

If it had been fitted with a replacement at some point in time would they have stamped it on there or not?

Here you are -

VIN_Location-1.jpg

VIN_Location-2.jpg

• 1 month later...

dd69 - on my '98 Disco chassis its not heavily stamped, but put on with a type of pin marking, so no real indentations that look like figures. Might be worth a closer look. It took some finding and I think I've cleaned the rear one off when I was de-rusting.

dd69 - on my '98 Disco chassis its not heavily stamped, but put on with a type of pin marking, so no real indentations that look like figures. Might be worth a closer look. It took some finding and I think I've cleaned the rear one off when I was de-rusting.

Well as I was unable to find a proper identifying mark for the chassis even after a buzz round all areas with the cup pig tail on the grinder I sent it to the great scrap yard in the sky, namely due to the fact that it has been now scrapped in the eyes of the DVLA and that if an inspection by the polizie were to happen then I would be in deep doggy doo doo's for having a chassis with no identifying marks!! Not to fret though, it was cut up in to 2 foot lengths and looked like old box sections so as not to arouse suspition!!!

Shame though, really wanted that for my next project!!

Oh well Freeloader it is then.

• 4 weeks later...