OT: Help! Any Electronics Gurus in the house?

LandyManLuke

Hammer and walnut spring to mind :ph34r:

An over-temp switch on the motor can't be that hard to tee into the existing arrangement, and would be more meaningful than a time-related duty cycle system.

I like the fridge motor idea, I've been contemplating just that when I (eventually) get my shed built.

Hammer and walnut spring to mind

I like the fridge motor idea, I've been contemplating just that when I (eventually) get my shed built.

Give me a shout nearer the time, there's a lot more to it than meets the eye! and I'll bet you'll be begging for a sledge hammer to crack your nuts!

I suppose you may win the "Most obfuscated engineering contest" :lol:

If you wanna do it that way and enjoy the challenge then I'm not knocking it, just personally I like to keep stuff (relatively) simple, and using a PC to control your air compressor does not fall into "simple" in my book :ph34r:

I see what you mean, and the 'simple' still remains, by design.

Use the manual valves, unplug the PC controlled relay, and plug the 'normal' compressor plug back in, and voila! one failsafe system.

Bit like what's in the landrover, that has overides so if the PC throws a fruit loop the whole lot can be manually controlled.

onboard ITX and megasquirt - i'm looking forward to that one :D :D

Luke