Nene Overland: experiences and opinions please

Mike, this isn't levelled at you specifically but if you think you are not an 'idiot' and will never get scammed - just wait!

I thought I was smart enough to see through a scam - until it happened to me. Boy did I feel stupid - but I didn't need anyone else telling me. I only lost 50 GBP - but it was a wake up call that it can happen to anyone no matter how clever / sceptical / suspicious they think they are!

Si

One of the benefits of being a cynic is that it makes you a little less vulnerable, but never invulnerable.

• 4 weeks later...

Round about the time the owner of Nene Overland was found guilty of fraud (Google it) I bought a hard top and wanted to spend about £1500 Exmoor trimming it up with roll cage and canvas. Despite being warned, I went in to Nene Underhand to try and place an order with a women who was particularly unkeen to take it. She said that none of it was in stock but she'd order it for pick up in the next few days. A week passed and nothing. Then daily calls weren't returned and then eventually she emailed saying that the prices for items had suddenly gone up that day. What an amazing bit of bad luck on my part that she clearly had had a memory lapse and had forgotten about Exmoor's annual price increase.

In the end I found one of Exmoor's many reputable retailers who kindly held the price- meant driving an additional 200 miles but anything to stay away from this snake pit.