Radius arms/Trailing Arms

godzilla84

Does anybody know if the radius arms and trailing arms off other land rovers will fit a 300 series Discovery? I want to paint and rebush my exisiting ones but i know just getting the old bushes out can be a pain so I was thinking od picking up another set from a breakers and refurbing them and fitting the new bushes to keep my Disco from being off the road for too long and then refurbing the old ones and either keep them as spares or flogging them on eblag.

Many thanks. Mark

Boro, im in liverpool. I reckon the postage for a set of radius arms would be more than the radius arms themselves. Vulcan bomber, does that mean any other model of land rover from the 300tdi engine onwards or just from a discovery? There are a few sets of radius arms/trailing arms on ebay but they are off defenders and td5 discos etc.

Anything 300 onwards will fit.

So 300Tdi Radius arms and trailing arms won't fit a 200Tdi or will they?

I have the same idea and was planning on re-bushing the radius and trailing arms off my old 300 series V8 to go on the 200Tdi Disco, can I or will something go ping?

I have looked into it a little bit myself now and although i dont know the specifics, i believe that at the axle end of the radius arms, the bushes were narrower on a 200tdi, so in theory the 200 ones would fit the 300 but not the other way round. I dont know if defender radius/trailing arms are the same length or have the same degree of castor in them though. Hopefully a grownup can come along and point me in the right direction.

Boro, if its not too expensive to courier them to liverpool, how much do you want for them? Im not in a rush for them so im happy to wait for a cheap set to appear local on ebay or in a breakers. If you can get a few bob for them then no hard feelings.