Old Heater, New Loom.......

I have a heater from a 200tdi therefore it has the old-style harness connector. However my main wiring harness is a td5 type, and so the connector for the heater is like this...

post-4644-0-13941300-1356264064_thumb.jpg

How do i go about chopping off the old connector from the heater, and adding a plug that will match my td5 harness above? Can it even be done?

Thanks

Phil

should be the same number of wires & same colour coding, just chop the connector off & re=terminate both ends or a tidier solution, PM PaulMc he maybe able to sort a suitable matching connector to re-terminate the heater motor wiring, thus keeping the main dash loom intact

I have a heater from a 200tdi therefore it has the old-style harness connector. However my main wiring harness is a td5 type, and so the connector for the heater is like this...

post-4644-0-13941300-1356264064_thumb.jpg

How do i go about chopping off the old connector from the heater, and adding a plug that will match my td5 harness above? Can it even be done?

Thanks

Phil

should be the same number of wires & same colour coding, just chop the connector off & re=terminate both ends or a tidier solution, PM PaulMc he maybe able to sort a suitable matching connector to re-terminate the heater motor wiring, thus keeping the main dash loom intact

Hello Phil,

As Ralph has said, if you don't want to cut the connector off of your main harness, I can supply a male connector to mate with the heater connector.

This would leave you the option of easily fitting a TD5 heater unit at a later date.

Paul.