crowbar

RRC SOFT DASH HOW DO THE HEATER CONTROL KNOBS COME OFF ? IS THERE A SCREW OR DO THEY JUST PULL OFF, AS I NEED TO REPLACE THE BULBS

HI I HAVE A WATER LEAK AROUND WERE THE WIPER SPINDLES ARE CAN YOU GET SEALS AND TAPERED DISTANCE PIECES

MY CRUISE CONTROL DOES NOT WORK ANY COMMON FAULTS ?

DOES IT HAVE A CAT FITTED AND IF SO CAN YOU GET A FRONT PIPE WITHOUT A CAT ,AS I THINK IT COULD BE RESTRICTING THE PERFORMACE.

I THINK IT COULD BE BLOCKED AS THE TIMING WAS ONE TOOTH OUT WHEN I FITTED A NEW BELT, IT IS GOING BETTER BUT I THINK IT SHOULD BE BETTER STILL AS IT DOES NOT LIKE HILLS.

THANKS CROWBAR

Edited by V8 Freak
4 Messages combined

Crowbar...

Can you not type all in Caps please. On the Internet this is effectively shouting !

Also, one message asking questions politely would have probably been better than 4...

Regardless, welcome to LR4X4.. Here's hoping the membershio can help you with your questions.

Neil

Hi and welcome.

I am afraid I can't help you with the soft dash controls. I don't think that you can get the tapered distance pieces for the wiper spindles any more. I also know that it is a common fault for the cruise control to not work, but again I can't help I'm afraid.

I am guessing your car has the tdi engine because you say that you changed the timing belt rather than chain? (edit just spotted the tag) Also which country are you in? Isn't it now a requirement of the MOT to have a cat fitted if it left the factory with one? I fitted a decat pipe to my 300tdi Defender I got rid of a couple of years ago, fairly easy to do

• 2 weeks later...

The three rotary knobs and the fan switch lateral knob all pull straight off to reveal panel retaining screws for bulb replacement.

Your exhaust may have a diesel particulate filter (catalytic converters are for petrol engines only), and you' see this as a bulge in the front section of the exhaust, behind the flexible section. You can replace it with a straight through section. Tdis are very snsitive to small adjustments of timing made by rotating the pump a little on the timing case. Dirty air or fuel filters have severe effects, as will tired tubo chargers or injection pumps. The Tdi RRC is a good plodder, but it will struggle to hold a high speed up steeper hills as it has considerably less power than a V8.