130 as daily driver?

ELVIS

Its not much worse than a 110 as supermarket car parks arent very 110 friendly anyhow . They are about the same as driving around in a lwb van . , on the road no different than a 110 slightly better ride , as the longer you get the better the ride (generalisation) . MPG is ballpark same . I had one(130 DC HCPU in OZ much more room for it there, even with 30+ ft of caravan behind ! HTSH

I don't have any parking issues with my 110 Station wagon. Must be one of the easiest vehicles I've had to put into a supermarket car park

The only thing you'll need to watch with the 130 is the small Fiesta, Cleo, Corsa vehicles taking two parking spaces....

I used one for 8 ish months no problem, commuting through leeds, greenlaning, shopping and general everyday duties.

Never had an issue with anything although as with any le product some larger offset wheels with adjusted lockstops make a worthwhile difference.

Will.

I have one as my daily drive, but I live in the bush so parking isn't generally an issue, but the turning circle does give you the willies at times, even when I go into town (and the population is under 1000)

You reverse park everywhere, and even reverse U turn.

Was driving our SWMBO's GU Patrol ute up to and around Byron Bay (hippy central) for four days over the last weekend and the turning circle is sublime compared to a Deefer.

The turning circle issue with 255/85's is about to be addressed with some 0 offset rims :D

I'm dropping them off to my tyre bloke this morning, he's only had my new rubber sitting there for the last two months too.

• 3 weeks later...

I drove my 130 round Africa everyday for six years including big cities like Nairobi which is a traffic mad house so if you can handle that driving in the UK is a doddle but even so now I'm back I have decided to get either parking sensors and/or a rear camera fitted as I'm finding reversing with just the wing mirrors is too tricky here as people are less patient and try to squeeze past you.

Cheers

Peter

I ran one for a number of years

koarec3.jpg

not only as a Rally Recovery unit, as in the photo, but as an everyday vehicle. Ralph (Western) will remember it!

Great piece of kit. Nowadays I don't need all the space, so have the 90. And :swmbo: can again see out of the lounge window - the 127" did take up rather a lot of driveway space! But, if I needed the carrying capacity, I'd have another one tomorrow.

Cheers,

I ran one for a number of years

koarec3.jpg

not only as a Rally Recovery unit, as in the photo, but as an everyday vehicle. Ralph (Western) will remember it!

Great piece of kit. Nowadays I don't need all the space, so have the 90. And :swmbo: can again see out of the lounge window - the 127" did take up rather a lot of driveway space! But, if I needed the carrying capacity, I'd have another one tomorrow.

Cheers,

G4FUJ ..... That was a nice bit of kit you had, shame you sold it! Many happy memories with you and Western on Rally Recovery. Caerwent in the photo.

ELVIS .... I have had and run three 130's, a Rapier, a Double CabPick Up,( both sold) and currently one with a body similar to a Pulse ambulance. I have had no problems apart from the obvious bigger turning circle. This can be helped by using greater offset wheels or wheel spacers. You will find the extra carrying capacity of a 130 to be a real boon.

Cheers,

Bob.

Yes,

I kind of miss it in a way. But I don't miss the comments about not being able to see out of the lounge window! The 90 will have to last me now :)

Bob - Mr H? You changed your log-in?? How is the Yak? & Lottie? :) Or am I confusing the issue? :lol:

Cheers (again) chaps!

Bought one in the end! '97 300 tdi. Pretty up and together and not needing anything major.

Did have a set of 265/75 MTs on it but just ditched them for wolf wheels and 238/85s. SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much quieter and lighter on the steering.

It was a very dark grey originally before it was resprayed. Am desperately scratching my head to remember who used that colour? Was it rail tracks old livery colours?

If i contact SV and give them the contract number off plate/number plate can they tell me original spec and whom it was supllied to?

Cheers (again) chaps!

Bought one in the end! '97 300 tdi. Pretty up and together and not needing anything major.

Did have a set of 265/75 MTs on it but just ditched them for wolf wheels and 238/85s. SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much quieter and lighter on the steering.

It was a very dark grey originally before it was resprayed. Am desperately scratching my head to remember who used that colour? Was it rail tracks old livery colours?

If i contact SV and give them the contract number off plate/number plate can they tell me original spec and whom it was supllied to?

reckon LRSV should be able to find the details with that supplied info, worth a go anyway.