antiroll bar bushes

hsf

Hi

firstly wish you all a healthy happy and prosperous new year, nipper has asked me to renew the antiroll bushes front and back on his td5 diesel, havent had anything to do with landys apart from head gasket (suprise suprise) on a freelander, are these straight forward or any tricks of the trade to speed the job up? I havent checked it out but local garage reckons need doing and want to charge £250..,personally I would be suprised if they all need changing ?is this common, thanks and regards.

It's an easy job! Contrary to other posts about PU bushings, I think they are worthwhile on anti roll bars. The additional stiffness is an advantage. If you go the Polyurethane bush route, I'd recommend SuperPro. I'd not recommend PU for any of the other bushes though.

The hardest part of the job is getting the nuts & bolts undone. Spray them with WD40 or similar a day before you do the job and again when you are doing it. It only takes an hour or so worst case.

Si

Cheers guys, its nippers truck so I will pass on your advice its up to him which bushes he buys but I will let you know some when along the line when we get a chance to fit them how it went, already got him spraying the bolts with wd 40. thanks