Roll cages

BogMonster

I'm at the end of my tether with regard to Safety Devices as they don't seem to be bothered about answering emails at all these days and I've been waiting for quotes since bl&&dy June :angry: I know they are supposed to be restructuring but this is ridiculous.... I've just sent another email this afternoon but I don't suppose they will answer that either.

So ... who else makes a similar type of bolt-in roll cage that isn't too hard to fit? I'm looking to source probably three types:

1. Double hoop internal cage for a 110SW similar to the Safety Devices RBL116SSS

2. Combined internal/external cage for a 110 or 130 Crewcab similar to RBL753SSS & RBL755SSS

3. Internal single hoop cage for a 110 Hard Top similar to RBL1155SSS

All need to be bolt in kits with everything supplied, not interested in anything that needs a load of welding or fab work done.

Any ideas please chaps? :unsure:

FWIW I don't really like any of the SD cages as I think the only effect of them if you rolled the vehicle would be that you'd smash your head open on the tubes, but they ain't for me and the customer is always right! ;)

Edited to add: UK based suppliers only please...

Stephen

Edited by BogMonster

I'm at the end of my tether with regard to Safety Devices as they don't seem to be bothered about answering emails at all these days and I've been waiting for quotes since bl&&dy June :angry: I know they are supposed to be restructuring but this is ridiculous.... I've just sent another email this afternoon but I don't suppose they will answer that either.

So ... who else makes a similar type of bolt-in roll cage that isn't too hard to fit? I'm looking to source probably three types:

1. Double hoop internal cage for a 110SW similar to the Safety Devices RBL116SSS

2. Combined internal/external cage for a 110 or 130 Crewcab similar to RBL753SSS & RBL755SSS

3. Internal single hoop cage for a 110 Hard Top similar to RBL1155SSS

All need to be bolt in kits with everything supplied, not interested in anything that needs a load of welding or fab work done.

Any ideas please chaps? :unsure:

FWIW I don't really like any of the SD cages as I think the only effect of them if you rolled the vehicle would be that you'd smash your head open on the tubes, but they ain't for me and the customer is always right! ;)

Edited to add: UK based suppliers only please...

Stephen

Steve,

I've got a Protection and Performance cage on my 110 - full external.

If you recall I started a thread some time back about the very same subject - I think it's in the tech archive now.

NorthernChris on this forum makes bespoke stuff and I'm sure he'd be able to assist too. Exact Fabrication

There's also Whitbread off road

and Sean over at North off Road

Hope this helps. :D

Matt

Thanks, looking for an off the shelf bolt on to keep costs down rather than a bespoke build but I'll check all those out :)

Oh and it has to be bolt together as well as bolt in or it'll cost about £1000 just for the freight to get it here!

Edited by BogMonster

Yeah I doubt whether something that is a one off bespoke would be suitable though because that will almost certainly be a lot more expensive than an off the shelf kit and we all know how mean people are... the end result may be better (Nigels cage being the ultimate example of how a bespoke build is better!) but most people are cheapskates :)

Stephen

I have this one fitted - Double hoop internal cage for a 110SW Safety Devices RBL116SSS

Picked it up on eBay for £230 in new condition, so keep a look out there.

I know northernchris of exact fabrication, he may make one for you and could use mine as a pattern, if I leave my 110 with him for a couple of days while he does some other jobs for me.

His work is first class, I know several members from here that sing his praises especially the quality of his welding.

He will also build in stainless steel if required.

Why not give him a call.

John

Thanks

The RBL116SSS is the main one we've had from SD in the past, for 110s.

I've just had a reply back from Evans UK with loads of photos of the Protection & Performance cages and some prices, which look to be quite reasonable (on a similar level with the figures quoted above) so may well go with them I think :)

Thanks for the comments including those by PM ;)