Td5 later spec door going rate

pux

Hi guys I have been looking for the later spec rear door, and had some insane quotes from breakers etc even for a door with a dent that covers most of the door they wanted £300+ VAT and for one that was straight I was quoted £500 + VAT! What should be expecting to pay for one of these doors any ideas?

Well the idea is I want to get the spare wheel out of the tub on my double cab and it will need a new door in the next year, so I thought get a td5 job is the best of both worlds. Or I get a normal reinforced door and swing away carrier.

My personal opinion is that the available old style doors are a pile of Sh-t and even when you wax them from new they only last a few years before they start rusting, so from this point of view the newer zinc coated doors are worth it. As above the can be sourced for less and the glass is available if you are patient, especially if you are not fussed about having the rear brake light.

Cheers

Steve

My personal opinion is that the available old style doors are a pile of Sh-t and even when you wax them from new they only last a few years before they start rusting, so from this point of view the newer zinc coated doors are worth it. As above the can be sourced for less and the glass is available if you are patient, especially if you are not fussed about having the rear brake light.

Cheers

Steve

i am not fussed about the brake light or wiper as its going on a truck an back which I have no view off through me rear view mirror.