Laning in the Peak district Dec 30th

dirtydiesel

Some pics from a great day out in the north peak with marc1187.

Drove chaple gate for the first time in a while thanks to the efforts of the TRF, contrary to what i'd heard the repair has been done very well, the drainage culverts are impressive and it think will keep most of the water off the lower section of the lane.

IMGP2576.jpg

IMGP2579.jpg

view from the bottom.

IMGP2581.jpg

A few pics from the rest of the day.

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

Because i don't want to scratch it :P

My series 2a is more fun. Normal wheels, carb'd V8 (that actually runs amazingly well!) For everyday driving i think the 2a makes you smile more than the 250.

G

I was out in the Peaks on the day before, further west than you were. I chose to avoid Chapel Gate etc on the grounds that it was SO wet it wasn't responsible to dig any more mud. Some of the rocky options presented great views and driving for us though. The ford at Allgreave was somewhat deeper than I remember too!

I thought Roych was TRO'd at present, and I certainly thought it had a voluntary restraint from east to west?

I was out in the Peaks on the day before, further west than you were. I chose to avoid Chapel Gate etc on the grounds that it was SO wet it wasn't responsible to dig any more mud. Some of the rocky options presented great views and driving for us though. The ford at Allgreave was somewhat deeper than I remember too!I thought Roych was TRO'd at present, and I certainly thought it had a voluntary restraint from east to west?

The Royche isn't tro'd that I could find, allthough it does have a voluntary one way east to west. That I have blatantly ignored.

I complied with the one way on stanage, and it reduced my enjoyment of driving the lane, and its now (permanently?) Tro'd

So now I take the somewhat cavalier attitude that I will drive whatever I'm legally allowed to, to further enjoy my hobby.

Our days in the peak park are numbered, i'd rather regret driving a lane than regret not driving it when it's been closed.

The problem being though that if everyone ignores the voluntary one way imposed as you seem to have, :glare: then 1. It puts us all in a bad light and 2. as you point out, the lane could be closed for all! :(

Concerns have been made of the routes use and condition, we need to be seen to understand and work with the authorities that can potentially remove our right to drive these lanes. The voluntary one way order compliance is assessed along with lane deterioration. Obviously they are not happy with deterioration, thus have done this to reduce it. This info gathered during voluntary orders can sometimes and is often used as ammunition for permanent orders or closures if negative results are found or proven (even if not caused by motorised or other users) :angry2: . They would love an excuse to close some of the lanes like this. Please don't give them ammunition :excl:

When we were there on the 28th (Used the Roych Clough Lane), the order was clear from east to west, when we joined the lane but i did not notice one at the other end. If there is not one there, then that is quite sly as you would none be the wiser until you have passed through the lane if you did not know the lane and the current status of it before hand.

http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/looking-after/vehicles/priorityroutes

http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/272991/AP1209-The-Roych.pdf -------------> Is under regular survey as a priority route (very much on their radar)

Glad to hear Chapel Gate is now open due to the hard work of the TRF, looking forward to driving that when the weather permits :)

Our days in the peak park are numbered, i'd rather regret driving a lane than regret not driving it when it's been closed.

This.

Although I'd extend it to all lanes. They WILL close them all for ever sooner or later, unless something magical happens, so drive them while you can :)