Albright Solenoids

Wingnut

First of all an apology - I tried to post this in the International Forum but all I'm met with is a blank white screen.

Mods, if you see fit please move it to somewhere more appropriate.

I have a Come Up DV9000i winch. The housing for the solenoids is built in over the drum. It is too small to hold the normal double acting Allbright so I was wondering if these would be a suitable alternative - http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/albright-sw180-series-single-acting-solenoid-contactors-410-c.asp

The winch is set up to be demountable and I would like to keep it that way.

I asume the 180 in the part description refers to the amperage capicity of the solenoid?

Would I be better with a continuous contactor or an intermittent one?

The winch has only been used for assisting other people so far and, as yet, has proved to be very reliable.

Regards,

Peter.

I had a set of Albrights like this but the double type, these arent waterproof like the other ones, that red bit you can see is part of the relay, so it's easy to get muck in them.

Thank you for the information - just what I need to know.

regards,

Peter.