Ignition off: Warning lights on

Blackdouglas

After a 240 mile round trip the warning light panel seems to have gone mad. First the rear window heater went off. Then the diff lock light comes on when the ignition is switched off. and goes out when the ignition is on. (the range gear knob was never touched) Now overnight all the reds have come on (without the ignition switch), and the 96 110 will not start (I can hear the relay/solenoid clicking). All I can find is that one of the Yellow relays (the centre of 3) is hot. I have disconnected the battery, put it on charge overnight, and come here for inspiration.

Note the nearest LR agent is 60 miles away!

Doug

Could be the relay has failed in the closed position ie with the points welded together. This happened to the SLS relay on my D2.

Not sure which model you have but if the relay is the main ignition controlled one then that might well be the problem.

Could be the relay has failed in the closed position ie with the points welded together. This happened to the SLS relay on my D2.

Not sure which model you have but if the relay is the main ignition controlled one then that might well be the problem.