Gearbox help

Dlander

Hi I'm putting a v8 in the Dlander and I want to move the engine forward so it sits in its normal position in the chassis currently the r380 gearstick is in the correct position with the 300tdi engine 10 inches back from its normal position running modified props. Because the v8 will need plugs changing access will be a problem if its 10 inches back. Also it would be nice to be able to run standard propshafts

Here's the problem if I put the v8 in its correct position it will presumably move the gear lever 10 inches forward and put it under the dash. Has anyone played with the selector unit that hangs off the back of the p38 box and can this be made to fit a disco r380?

Does anyone have one that they would donate to the cause or sell really cheaply so I can play?

Cheers Richard

Here's the problem if I put the v8 in its correct position it will presumably move the gear lever 10 inches forward and put it under the dash. Has anyone played with the selector unit that hangs off the back of the p38 box and can this be made to fit a disco r380?

Does anyone have one that they would donate to the cause or sell really cheaply so I can play?

Cheers Richard

You do realise that the v8 won't bolt up to the 300tdi gearbox?

I'm pretty sure that the v8 r380 has a longer bellhousing by a couple of inches, that'll move your sticks back a little