If you value this forum's future please support us
ThreePointFive

4.0 GEMS engine swap

Your last two paragraphs are beautifully and accurately put. Over here you could add that despite a part being made of exactly the same materials as it would be for any other car, apparently as soon as it's meant for some sort of Land Rover it will fail/isn't worth their time/you're crazy for wanting one and why don't you own a Toyota you weirdo. 

Those -AN fittings and hoses seem to be the ultimate - though I must actually get some and see for myself.  

7 hours ago, Davo said:

Your last two paragraphs are beautifully and accurately put. Over here you could add that despite a part being made of exactly the same materials as it would be for any other car, apparently as soon as it's meant for some sort of Land Rover it will fail/isn't worth their time/you're crazy for wanting one and why don't you own a Toyota you weirdo. 

You're not kidding.  Every time I go for a warrant of fitness, I have to endure the "it's a Land Rover, something must be wrong" mentality.  This time it was "brakes pull to left" - except I can take my hands of the wheel, apply the brakes firmly and the steering wheel stays pointed straight ahead.  That will be hard to improve.  And he wanted me to fit things it never had from new - so I told him to check what the law says.  He will but what a hassle.

(Sorry about the off-topic rant but this page was what I opened my computer up to!)

• Like 2

I always try to avoid custom made parts if I can, I chose my disc brake kit because it uses Defender parts

• Like 1