Bulkhead Hole ID

Fitting my wiper motor to td5 bulkhead and discover 2 holes. What are they for?

Ive encircled the holes in question in the pic below. I think one of them is windscreen washer tube?? Should i just blank the other off, or is there something else that goes through there?

post-4644-0-32126600-1357919663_thumb.jpg

I noticed them on my TD5 bulkhead but just presumed they were for air con models. I went with washer tube through the oval hole further up as western suggested. Maybe i best remember to blank them holes or the passenger could end up with wet feet.

so is that your bulkhead in the photo in your original post ? or did you use another photo for illustration.

the oval hole is there above the heater square hole, it should have a big 3 hole grommet in it for the wiring from dash to heater/left front lights to pass through, my washer ubing is routed through it too.

Fitting my wiper motor to td5 bulkhead and discover 2 holes. What are they for?

Ive encircled the holes in question in the pic below. I think one of them is windscreen washer tube?? Should i just blank the other off, or is there something else that goes through there?

attachicon.gifBulkhead010.JPG

see this thread http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=74871

2nd photo shows washer pipe through the inner hole below wiper motor, & in my defender workshop manual [200tdi] a drawing shows the same thing.