Land Rover series 3 aerial mounting bracket

DarrenManiac

Hey guys, I recently bought an aerial kit from ebay thus including the aerial bracket and the aerial poles. The seller told me that they belonged to a series but after i recieved the packing i have tried to match the holes of the braket plate with those on my landy and they do not match. In case of width they fit perefectly but it seems that the brackets must be longer. What i am thinking is that these belong to a defender wolf, I m uploading some pictures so one can have a clue of what i am talking about. Are these series or defender ones?10x :unsure:

post-48185-0-19399400-1358019032_thumb.jpg

post-48185-0-57734200-1358019062_thumb.jpg

post-48185-0-93112000-1358019086_thumb.jpg

Hi - just got a Defender 110 FFR Canvas 1995 and these looks like the ones that are on mine. I can measure them later if you want to be sure. IIRC they come in two different sizes for the Defender as well - width the same but longer. Can assume its for stability?

Let me know I can measure tonight if it would help!

Taffia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Series only ever used the long ones. Defender/Wolf use the shorter ones - I think over the locker doors......

I made the same mistake a couple of years ago - needed a pair of side-mounts and got them from e-Bay only to find when I went to fit them they were too short. So I got the longer ones and still have the short ones if anyone needs a pair.