Fitting an Oil Pressure Sender

I'm looking to fit an oil pressure gauge to my 3.5 V8. Do I have to put in a T-piece to use the port the pressure switch is in at the moment or can I use one of the other ports on the filter housing?
There isn't much clearance between the filter housing and the steering box, so I'm hoping one of the other ports also tap into the outlet side from the filter. Here is a piccie:

IMG00743-20121216-1447-Copy.jpg

Can I use the port indicated?

On my v8 I added a oil pressure sender to run a gauge in addition to the pressure switch that goes the oil pressure light on the warning panel. I also added a oil temperature sender to run temp gauge. So I've got quite a few senders and switches down there!

I took an old pump housing apart to see how the oil galleries were set up and it just required some adapters to be made to replace some of the blanking bolts that are fitted. One of the big bolts holds in the pressure relief spring so leave that alone but from memory all of the other ones can be removed a be replaced with adapters and sender units.

I can get some pictures over if you like?

Thanks Western. It certainly looks like it lines up with that port.

I'm not sure, but something in the back of my mind says when the 3.5 V8 is in a range rover, that they are fitted with an oil pressure guage as standard. Can anyone confirm this and if so which port is the sender on?

Thanks Western. It certainly looks like it lines up with that port.

I'm not sure, but something in the back of my mind says when the 3.5 V8 is in a range rover, that they are fitted with an oil pressure guage as standard. Can anyone confirm this and if so which port is the sender on?

"My 'A' reg 3.5 RR had both oil temp and oil pressure gauges (plus pressure warning lamp). The oil temp gauge sender was in the sump. Standard fit back then."

Edited by western