5 way fuel splitter!!

theoptimist

Hi guys,

accidentally broke the the 5 way fuel splitter on my td4, today, its located on the chassis rail, front left by the steering arm. does any one know where I can get one from asap, or does any on have one i'm stuck in eastleach at the moment but will be able to get someone to get it for me, if anyone one can help it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

theoptimist

according to all of the garges and breaker yards you can't bodge this due to the, how its laid out they have tried to work out different ways of doing just had an estimate from thwhite Swindon as tim frys can't do it next week 950 inc vat, plus recovery to pick my freelander up and get it there. tim frys were the same. glad i was sat down when they gave me that quote!!!! unfortunately they have my nuts in a vice as have no choice need my car desperately, due to where i live its a 1.3 mile drive way before you get to the road then steep climbs to get out, we have one car abandoned at the farm and the farmers cars stuck in front of his house due to the snow, can just about get about, as we have a disco but not road legal, cops wont be able to catch me in this weather thou so all good,

cheers the optimist

hi guys going to try to get a photo of the splitter up here but I was thinking, The feed pipe must be going straight through and the return would be where the auxiliary would be coming from or vice versa, if this is the case surely i could put a pipe connector connecting the feed straight through and a t piece to feed the auxiliary, this piece would have a valve in it would it? Does any one know how this flimsy bit of plastic works, as dealers wont tell me anything.

Many thanks

Theoptimist

• 5 years later...
On 20/01/2013 at 3:12 PM, theoptimist said:

hi guys going to try to get a photo of the splitter up here but I was thinking, The feed pipe must be going straight through and the return would be where the auxiliary would be coming from or vice versa, if this is the case surely i could put a pipe connector connecting the feed straight through and a t piece to feed the auxiliary, this piece would have a valve in it would it? Does any one know how this flimsy bit of plastic works, as dealers wont tell me anything.

Many thanks

Theoptimist

Did you have any luck locating one 

21 hours ago, Rayburgo said:

Has any body got any idea were you get this 5way fuel splitter  I am  realy stuck need advice ASAP thanks 

Done a quick fix glued the broken piece back put sealer over and covered it in approx resin found it usefull to insert a tent peg through the broken of piece and in to fuel line while Glue set it back in place now an re attached pipes hope this is use full but it works