Heated rear screen and wiper plus other issues.

Trevorevans

I have noticed since having a flat battery that I now have no rear wiper or heated screen, no front heated screen, no intermittent function on the front wiper and also both front and rear screens will wash but not wipe. I have checked the relevant fuses according to the hand book but they all appear ok. Is there another fuse that may affect the operation of the above functions or can anybody suggest where to start looking for the soloution before I start taking things apart unnecessarily. The battery was removed and recharged and I have since found there is a drain on it but not had time to track it down yet. I'm not entirely sure if these issues were present before the battery going flat or not but have only noticed afterwards.

As u haven't mentioned the model of disco i will take it as a 300 series disco.

So.. a Multi Function Unit (MFU) looks after the items u discribe u may also have the rear fogs not working and no delay with the interior lights either.

Check it's supply fuse, if ok then you may have a problem with the MFU which is not unknown..

and it also depends on the age of the disco - early ones had a black mfu, later (from mid 96 i think) had a beige one, both located on the back of the fuse box under the steering wheel. there is a self test feature built into them, which is detailed in the rave manual.

As u haven't mentioned the model of disco i will take it as a 300 series disco.

So.. a Multi Function Unit (MFU) looks after the items u discribe u may also have the rear fogs not working and no delay with the interior lights either.

Check it's supply fuse, if ok then you may have a problem with the MFU which is not unknown..

Correct on both counts. Sorry forgot to mention yes it's '97 300 tdi and your also right about the interior light in that the light works when manually switched on but not with the doors opening/closing, not sure about the fogs though. Many thanks will check it out tomorrow.