Removal of rear Tub

Warthog

Not too difficult at all.

10 bolts along the rear edge of the tub / crossmember.

About the same number of small (10mm IIRC) bolts at the front of the tub at the joint to the seatbox.

Two bolts on brackets from the top edge of the A Frame crossmember.

Two bolts (I think - mine was so corroded I couldn't see what was going on!) from the side of the seatbox into the rear tub, below the door strikers.

Not all that heavy but a two man lift due to bulk.

Guest diesel_jim
Well, just as the title ask's :) What is the way to remove the rear tub from a Pick-up? (Witht the intentions of putting back on)

Cheers

Yup, same as that. i've just swapped the rear tub on the 90 i'm building, it's pretty easy (well, mine was as the bolts were all fresh and copper-slipped!)

I'm off work next week.... shout if you need a hand removing the tub, i'm only in Swindon (purton actually, so your side of town!)

Yup, same as that. i've just swapped the rear tub on the 90 i'm building, it's pretty easy (well, mine was as the bolts were all fresh and copper-slipped!)

I'm off work next week.... shout if you need a hand removing the tub, i'm only in Swindon (purton actually, so your side of town!)

Cheers for the offer, i will be looking at doing it soon. Will be needing to do a spot of welding. Roll cage mounts and a couple of small repairs to the Xmember. Would be tempted to tray back it....But!