Defender v8 injection air filter setup

mikec

Im after ideas for routing the air intake on my 90, I was going to use the standard big round air filter, turn it round so the intake exits on the passenger side and then route it to the plenum using two 90 degree bends. But looking at it today with the heater in place this won't work as there doesn't seem to be enough room to route the pipework. Then I thought of pinching an idea off someone on here and turning the plenum round so the intake is on the drivers side but then the pwm/ throttle linkage etc, will be in the way of the oilf filler neck. So next idea is to use a k&n type on the passenger side near to the ps pump. But I'm not a fan of the k&n types.

So ideas on a postcard please, preferably the most cost effective i.e. no cost :)

Yep Id thought of doing it using another air filter, but it's finding one not at silly money.

I've been having a think about it whilst walking the dog and I think best option might be to just not fit the heater, and use the bits I've got, I've got silicone elbows etc to use the standard filter. That way I can get it going and mot'd etc, then worry about the heater.

I'm still looking for ideas though. Ches mike

You will see on me website I have 300 tdi filters for sake genuine and cheap !!

Reason. ?

When we ms Steves 90 the std airbocx was hugely restrictive ad shoved a 300 airboc on and it transformed it , KN filters are useless for off road get sc300 airboc - smaller than v8 90 ones and will help with flow

Odly I have been told today that a 300 filter can be used in a 200 airbox if a part is removed off the old 200 filter and added to the new 300 one

Air Znd oil filters are engine crucial don't fit carp !!

Nige

Not arguing that bigger filter can is better- it must be, but at WOT my map reading is definitely in the high 90's - surely a restrictive filter manifests as not being able to get atmospheric pressure when your foot is to the floor at fairly high revs?

I am probably not seeing a restriction though as I only have a little 3.5 :(

Totally agree! :)

What I am saying is that as I am able to attain atmospheric pressure (or close enough) under high demand situations I think my engine is able to ingest all the air it wants- i.e. there is no restriction from the filter and without going forced induction I wouldn't get anymore air in there anyway as the engine wouldn't draw it.