What's the worst damage you've ever done to your LR?

LisaMartin

By far the worst damage I've seen is the ability for the whole car to turn my bank balance from a black number to a red number, quickly and frequently.

Seems Lisa's profile has disappeared from LinkedIn, but I think we can read between the lines.

Still there just now TC

I suppose the moral of this thread is, and I'm not suggesting anyone would do this, don't post on places this like then try and claim fraudulently. It may well be that Lisa is just interested, or maybe she's looking for more information re. a claim, but if you're daft enough to brag about something online then claim against it then that's your undoing.

I suppose the moral of this thread is, and I'm not suggesting anyone would do this, don't post on places this like then try and claim fraudulently. It may well be that Lisa is just interested, or maybe she's looking for more information re. a claim, but if you're daft enough to brag about something online then claim against it then that's your undoing.

Good advice.

Being a Nige owned vehicle, It was plenty strong enough for the impact as it was made with nothing less than 8mm plate. No claim is being made for damage. :ph34r:

8mm plate? Surely he wouldn't go so lightweight? Even the tyres would have been made of 50mm solid unobtainium bar ;)

• 3 months later...

My first ever winch challenge, only driving for 3hrs of the comp I :

Broke rear half shaft

Broke rear diff

Broke steering rods

Broke front diff

Then 15mins from end. Pulled a tree out of the ground which everyone had been using all day for winching :-(

But I still came 6th lol

• 1 month later...

I've seriously dented my wallet, and had my ear bent regularly by my better half,

"You'd rather take that out than me", "but love it drinks less" wrong answer...

"you love that thing more than me, don't you?", ffs don't answer that question with reply "the V8 sounds better than you love"',

When I used to tow with a 90, I had some very close calls! The 90 is just not long or heavy enough to damp oscillations (wobble) if it starts - and it can very easily go very wrong!

I fitted one of those towing stabiliser bars - which adds some damping between the vehicle & trailer which made it 10x better.

Without the stabiliser, the nose weight on the trailer was critical. With it fitted - it barely made any difference! I'd recommend one if you tow using a 90!

Si