Diff Lock Wiring

Hi all

Some time ago I fitted a replacement transferbox in my Defender - it's been off the road for quite a while now. It's been so long since I did it I can't remember what the deal was with the diff lock switch wiring. On the right hand chassis member I have the following:

IMG_7734_zps21e58137.jpg

A two pin connector, and a single blue cable with a spade connection on the end of it. Assuming this is factory, does anybody know what's what? Logic would say the two pin connector is the diff lock switch loom?

Any help is gratefully received - save me having to roll around in the cold with a multimeter :)

on my '89 110, the difflock warning light is a single bullet connector black/blue wire colours, the switch is earthed from one terminal to difflock housing bolt by a short black wire.

what wire colours in the 2 pin connector ?

Thanks for your help western - had a better look at it and the single cable is actually black / blue and has a bullet connector - much appreciated. No idea what the other connector is for thou!

you haven't posted what the colours are in the 2 pin connector,

One of the wires is red & blue, the other is black as far as I can tell.

Not the reverse light switch wiring is it?.

Typically a two wire connection on the back of the gearbox but would quite likely be removed to clear the way when changing a transfer box.

No, definitely not the reverse switch. Seems to be part of the original loom, but everything I can think of is connected up and working...

red/blue trace is rear number plate light & LH tail light & LH front side light -- do yours work ? if not now you know why

plain black wire is an earth

blue/red trace goes from fuse box to ign switch doubt it's this one

All the lights are working - passed its MOT a few days back. Vehicle is ex-waterboard - it does have a couple of switches / holes in roof where rotating beacons were presumably fitted, but can't see a logical reason for a connector in that location...

I made a error, misread my wiring colour code.

can't find a 2pin connector with red/blue [RU] wire & a plain black on my diagram only the blue/red [uR]

on petrol models there is a 2 pin connection with a plain blue & a plain red for electronic distributor, not used in diesel models.

rear number plate/LH tail & side light is red/black, apologies for my foul up.

can you add a photo of the 2 pin connector ?