Post up threads on LR4x4 that you think should be moved into here

Would the older builds be better linked into an "sticky" index thread.

That way the forum could act as normal, fresh, recent threads as normal with the best cherry picked for the index????

That's quite a good point and is probably simpler. The index could also indicate better what these old threads contained as some of them have titles that don't emphasise the detail of the content.

I'd also nominate the cagework thread for Fridge Freezers 109 http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=69697 and DirtyDiesels cage work on his .... errr... almost a land rover :)http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=64430

I think it would be good if all threads from, say fridges 109, from over the years are getting merged int one big 'fridges 109 thread'. That would save a lot of searching if you remember a detail from that car. Adrian, your car should definately be moved here.

Daan

Mine? Or is it rude to self nominate???

Personally, I'd rather it was voluntary rather than nominated. As for scope, any new build, rebuild or extensive mod would seem reasonable (the latter being things like engine swaps, transmission conversions, axle or suspension conversions and the like). Using the tag line or title to say what the project is would be useful to readers, in addition to the name of the owner, eg. "Bob's 110 rebuild", "Chris' 2.8 engine fit" and so on.

I don't think anyone has suggested excluding trailer builds, Mike - a lot of people on many forums are enquiring about information for rebuilding Sankeys or building expedition trailers. They sound like good thread subjects to me, under the banner of "special projects". Should the powers that be decide to have a trailer forum, then that may change things.

I don't think anyone has suggested excluding trailer builds, Mike - a lot of people on many forums are enquiring about information for rebuilding Sankeys or building expedition trailers. They sound like good thread subjects to me, under the banner of "special projects". Should the powers that be decide to have a trailer forum, then that may change things.

I don't think we need a trailer build forum.

Just add the trailers into here. Or put it another way. If it has wheels then in here. That leaves the "Tools and Fabrication" for just that.

I'm looking forward to being able to read a lot of those builds I haven't seen. It's very nice to see how others have done things.

• 2 weeks later...