Jeep wrangler build

Seriously though - I hope you'll put a thread up for that.

I'll stop digressing now.

I have a thread i've just restarted elsewhere, http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=230792

I think you're moving along quite nicely there Dan, I know it looks more completed than it probably is, but still. How come you're not going to finish it now that you are on it?

Chris (dirtyninety) has it Soren, this was never my project it was simply blocking our workshop up, and i fancied brushing my fab skills back up on something i could leave for large periods of time whilst i get on with other jobs and life.

I will revisit this project in a year or so, but for now it has eaten enough of my time.

You know me dan, I'm all about business! :D

Dan, your a hero amongst superheroes!

I only strive for mediocrity amongst my peers Al,

looking brilliant dan!! its come on some since i saw it!

I think he's not finishing it, because its actually one of his brothers vehicles, and his brother lives in Australia

It's nice to get it mobile Chris, we have totally emptied the workshop now and it's almost unrecognisable. we are going to have a complete refit and install 3 phase and cram in a load more tools and equiptment then we are starting on the Volvo c202 :rolleyes:

Maybe, i have a 1947 cj2a to restore after the mb as well :rolleyes:

Unless I have my Jeep models confused, the CJ2A was the tinniest Jeep ever made. They screwed the sheetmetal rollers for the chassis and bodywork down to the maximum. They make a series one Landrover look like a Centurion tank by comparison. I'm surprised you could find a surviving restorable one in the UK Dan.

• 8 years later...

Here's a few pics inside the front wheel arches, I'm in the process of changing the air shock on the front for coilovers as I can't get the ride height where I want it to be.

20220114_091135.thumb.jpg.8a68fa89fa476f78c1948463c0ca2b41.jpg20220114_091144.thumb.jpg.3e8591985806f8233838603133381ccd.jpg

I've rebuilt an old set of 14" fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks forthe front.The black finish is nitriding.

20220111_224902.thumb.jpg.c2056b65c9380d02e4a169df1cf54bdc.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve b said:

Hi Dan , very good to see you here again . 

Do you still have the G wagen ? 

Lovely workshop too . I'll be following your posts as always for the engineering and innovation 

Steve

The G wagon is long gone Steve, I have still got the portal boxes and swivels off it and a few other bits. 

The workshop is nice and light but lacking in all my fabrication gear.