What batteries does everyone use ?

porsche

I have a pair of glass-gel traction-batteries from Banner. They have been okay and were about £130 each from their warehouse.

If you smack them around a bit I think the seperating glass between the plates is vital.

And if you plan on crashing, gel is probably a good idea too :)

'traction' seems a good spec between 'starter' and 'deep cycle'.

• 3 months later...

I use a single varta bluetop for my car systems and rr winch. When I came to replace it, I looked at oddesy, as favoured by many challenge guys; but the oddesy is more expensive and 5kg heavyer than the varta for the same power rating.

Well I tried some of those AA batteries, but found it was bloody expensive to get enough power just to start the thing and where do you put 5000 of them. So I went back to a car battery !

I run two 930 cca batts I believe there 633's. I have put a split charger between them and so use the aux batt just for my winch's. I too wasn't too sure and took this advise off another forum. I did a winch challenge last week and believe me the batts and the winch's were probably the only things that never let me down lol.

I do actually seem pleased with this set up but I dare say I will be corrected by a few of you hardened winchers !