Anderson Connectors (AGAIN!)

Spongie

Sorry to re open a old old topic.

I'm fitting Anderson connectors on my 101 so I can jump start easily, When using these connectors what have most people fitted?

I notice that a lot of vehicles appear to have red or grey Durite ones, but I'd perhaps mistakenly purchased the Yellow (12v) 175amp Genuine Andersons.

I now discover that actually Grey won't mate with Yellow or Red etc etc as they are designed with a set voltage in mind per colour.

Anyone else fitted the yellows or most folk got grey or....?

Spongie

I did the same and bought a red one by mistake. I have thought about cutting the tab off but not got round to it yet as the project is not fitted. I have gray connectors on one half of my jump leads and my winch, on the front of the car and I have the cable with grey set up for the rear after I change the chassis.

I used to fit the 'grey' connectors to recovery trucks when I was in that business. Why? Well a lot of the larger recovery vehicles had two sockets per bumper. One for 12 v, one for 24 v.

But it seems the AA, RAC fit the 'colour coded' 12 v yellow ones.

Most ones I've seen on anything else are grey, 175 amp jobbies, whether Durite or gen-u-whine Anderson, so that's what I would fit.