Quick release bracket ideas wanted

Ian Barrett

Hello chaps,

I bought one of the LED light group buy work lamps and am looking for ideas for mounting it.

I want the work lamp for the back of my truck cab but want to be able to unclip it and point it outside of the Landy if I want to change a wheel or if i drop something for instance.

The light has a typical U shaped bracket with a hole in the bottom of the U for bolting it to whatever.

Has anyone ideas of a quick release system?

Thanks

IanB

I have a similiar idea as above but use a large plastic spring clamp as listed here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-PLASTIC-SPRING-CLAMP-CLIP-6-EASY-GRIP-MARKETSTALL-WORK-BUILDING-CLIP-/281055358398?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4170346dbe tha led lamp is bolted thru one side and can be moved quickly, I use mine for camping and working on the motor.

Brian

How about welding or bolting on an antiluce onto the bottom of the U bracket and then have convenient brackets, with holes in, in the places you would fit the lamp?

antiluce5x16inchx6.5x21cbf.jpg

If you want a general purpose clamp then I would go for one of http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-axminster-power-hand-clamp-prod809357/?src=2007_wk9'>these rather then a spring clamp, as you can squeze it tighter then the spring will hold, if needed.