It's on its way!

jimmy86

So think I have finally found one. Just put down a deposit on a 2002 td4 ES with only 89k on the clock and part service history. Very happy didn't think I would be able to get one like this. Will be collecting it tomorrow.

Will just need to see about the vcu if that hasnt been done and also double check the breather filter has been changed and if not change it. Is that an easy job?

Will keep you posted

Ta

James

So think I have finally found one. Just put down a deposit on a 2002 td4 ES with only 89k on the clock and part service history. Very happy didn't think I would be able to get one like this. Will be collecting it tomorrow.

Will just need to see about the vcu if that hasnt been done and also double check the breather filter has been changed and if not change it. Is that an easy job?

Will keep you posted

Ta

James

Welcome to the family :) She's a needy mistress, but ultimately a satisfying one, lol. Yes the crankcase filter is an easy job.

from memory:

1. Take off the little plastic panel on top of the engine.

2. Remove the plastic hose assembly (if you skip this, you'll struggle to get the air filter cover back on)

3. Remove the air filter cover

4. Remove the crankcase filter cover.

5. Replace filter and o'rings supplied with filter

5. Re assemble is the reverse of removal.

Ta Egg n Chips.

Actually didnt end up with that one in the end. Went to collect it and it was a heap. Gear wouldn't engage and tracking screwed not to mention the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree.

However have since picked up a little 1.8 for a fair price, looks like its had most essential work done too. Just need to sort the VCU and that is starting to fail.

Really happy with it though. :D