90/110 rear interior light mounting plate fit

rear interior light [picture below] has been glowing dimly with the switch in the centre position [door switch operation] the door switch itself has been replaced in the last 2 weeks & works fine, the light works fine too.

I know the light has 12v permanent feed & the earth path is switched on/off by the door switch.

how is the metal mounting plate fitted to the roof,

is it screwed through or too the headliner ? or screwed direct to the roof itself is there any insulation to stop it earthing & making the light come on ?

I'm not sure mine is fitted correctly.

post-20-0-96761900-1360275416_thumb.jpg

It has been a while since I did my one but from what I remember it is just fitted to the headliner with two nuts. I remember there being a spade connection on the back plate but can not remember if that was for the earth or live.

Sorry not much help really.

If you've got the negative earth switched light whatever is used to fix it to the roof needs to be insulated, I modified the original 86 steel fitting light and glass to work on a negative earth switchover, i had to get creative with some shrink wrap and some nylon washers.

Mav