Bulkhead Outrigger First step Is Confusing

Iam nowready to replace the outrigger on the Defender 90. I am a wee bit confused as to how it is bolted into place. I tried undoing the obvious bolt which disintegrated my 3/4" socket pretty sharpish, even after the plus gas treatment.

I then looked at what I could attack with the grinder and saw this set up.

The right had side is the old outrigger, middle is body mounting and left is my side step. I'm not sure what to go for.

IMG_20130208_095516.jpg

Its like a tube which runs through the body mounting all the way to where my side step attaches

Hi,

Well I would take a gues that the bolt has rusted itself into the outrigger/bulkhead, that's probably why you can't turn the bolt, maybe?

You may have to cut the bolt between the bulk head and outrigger with hacksaw/grinder and then cut the outrigger off the chassis.

Thanks

Steve

Hi,

Well I would take a gues that the bolt has rusted itself into the outrigger/bulkhead, that's probably why you can't turn the bolt, maybe?

:rofl:

Yes I had managed to work that bit out.

The bolt passes all the way along to where my side steps are mounted. I cut this head off with the grinder and managed to pull the outrigger off.

I was just worried that the tubing was threaded inside to accomodate two bolts, but its one big bolt.