LT230 T/B rear output shaft oil seal - manufacturer's part no?

Troll Hunter

As it says, really. Please can somebody give me a manufacturer's part number for this oil seal. Alternatively, the seal dimensions, ID, OD and depth, which are usually found on a non-sealing face of the seal.

Over here, since the LT230 wasn't fitted to any LR vehicles imported to N. America, the LR part no. is meaningless. Many thanks in advance.

Mike

Yes, but only the 4ltr automatics, as far as I know, and no diesels, and most parts factors don't even know about Defenders! The only LR they recognise is a Rangie. Sad, isn't it? I get so many comments of "Cool truck, what is it? Sell it to me - how much?" if LR could meet the N. American environmental and safety specs they could sell Defenders as fast as they could make them. People here are just fed up with all the SUVs looking the same, and all the pick-up trucks looking the same, whether they're Ford, GMC, Dodge Rams, Toyotas, or anything else.

Mike

My spare seal has printed on it R-ETC 4939 45-72 10/15 which appears to just be the part number followed by dimensions (This is an FTC4939 seal which I believe will fit front or back of the LT230)

Having had a google an FRC7043 apparently supercedes FTC4939 seal variant and is sometimes supplied with the manufacturer part number of IND51568

Not sure if any of that helps you Mike.

Many thanks for all your replies and good info., especially from CwazyWabbit and RangyRover Having a Def, and never having had a Disco, I was totally unaware that Discos had the same transfer box. That's another good bit of info that I've learned. Now to see if I can get the bit from New York in a reasonable time. Since the Def is my daily drive, I'll be getting through an awful lot of oil if I have to wait too long. Thanks again.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Elbekko,

I agree, but Murphy is here, running rampant, and assisted by his cousin Sod, and both law makers. They have the laws of logic totally confuscobulated!

I eventually got what I wanted, after paying a pint or so of blood (US$32, including shipping and 10 days delivery), from New Jersey, and a "same dimensions" thingy from Vancouver. The New jersey one was the correct one, and the Vancouver offering was "almost near enough"!!! I didn't use it.

I'm even more convinced that anything we need this side of the Atlantic we should order direct from UK, and pay the shipping (via Interparcel?), because it almost certainly will arrive sooner, and probably be cheaper overall.

Mike

• 1 year later...

Next time just get any of the compaines over here (paddock, LR Supermarket) to send it via the Royal Mail airmail small packet which is only £4.50 to the USA. It is cheaper for us to send to you then you to send to us.

Europe World Zone 1 World Zone 2 up to 250g £3.50 £4.50 £4.70 up to 500g £4.95 £7.20 £7.55 up to 750g £6.40 £9.90 £10.40 up to 1kg £7.85 £12.60 £13.25 up to 1.25kg £9.30 £15.30 £16.10 up to 1.5kg £10.75 £18.00 £18.95 up to 1.75kg £12.20 £20.70 £21.80 up to 2kg £13.65 £23.40

Cheers

Paul