OBD11 interface plx (wifi)

biggles

Can anyone let me know if it is possible to connect the od11 interface with one of the plx kiwi wifi etc

that you can use with a smart phone?

engine in question is a late 2004 td5 defender unit

Ive had conflicting answers some say no, others that land rover changed the obd11 interface on there vehicles

so that they can be read by more diagnosic equipment, though i very much doubt it.

Thanks

I looked at this.As OBD modules can be got very cheap.

And it looks like this would work on all the later engines eg tdV6's, tdci etc..

But with the TD5 landrover made their own ecu's so the TD5 ecu will does not communicate standard obd2 protocol, and so the need to more expensive test kit.

I found this from internet searching so might be completely wrong of course :unsure:

paul

I tried it on a friend's Defender TD5 a while ago using an ELM327 Bluetooth adapter and the Torque application for Android. It didn't work, not sure why, as in that year it should be OBD2...

Ive also tried an ELM327 BT adapter, with torque for android. It didnt work, i always presumed with was the phone software.

That was on my 02 (later ECU) td5 defender.