Not LR related - but it is 4x4 (Ford Maverick)

disco_al

First, apologies for posting about a Maverick in a primarily LR based forum, but i need some help with my brother's 1994 model.

It has just been put back on the road after 2 years being used for shunting trailers around his garden - 2.7 Td, 60k genuine on the clock (he's the 2nd owner)

Recently the brake pedal has stopped returning to it's normal rest position. He's thinking it could be the master cylinder, but after some basic research, i'm edging towards a servo related problem. I haven't been to have a closer look as yet (it's cold, wet and horrible at the moment) but have been tasked with the job of sourcing the parts and doing the repair (as he works 18 hour days as a self employed builder)

So, oh wise dwellers of the world that is LR4x4, what do you think? Servo or master cylinder?

Is it a Nissan Terrano based one? In Spain "Maverick" was a rebadged Nissan Terrano II (made at the Nissan factory in Barcelona), but in some RHD markets, like Australia, "Maverick" name was used in rebadged "Patrol GR" (well, "GR" in Spain, over there I think they call it "GQ").

Is it a Nissan Terrano based one? In Spain "Maverick" was a rebadged Nissan Terrano II (made at the Nissan factory in Barcelona), but in some RHD markets, like Australia, "Maverick" name was used in rebadged "Patrol GR" (well, "GR" in Spain, over there I think they call it "GQ").

Yep, they're a Patrol GQ or Y60 here, but the OP's one will be a Terrano.