So close but yet so far!

mikec

Its not :(

Nice chat for some time with Andrew at Alisport and I'll be hunting the piggybank down, cornering in, and leaving it a quivering wreck

when I take trip up to Cinderford poss next week

Here piggy piggy ...................................

post-3476-0-52250900-1362133975_thumb.jpg

ah there you are ...come to daddy ...............

5 mins drive when WARM (over 72 Degrees) will be fine

Email me the XLS file that is created, when you start logging switch it to save file on desktop otherwide you'll never find it

(don't ask me how I know this from my early days of MS :lol: )

n

Will do thanks nige

Yet more issues which may or may not be issues - SORT THE BLOODY GAUGE & SENDER before worrying about what may be causing this overheating (which may or may not actually exist).

Anything else hanging off your truck we should know about before trying to offer help & advice?

Yet more issues which may or may not be issues - SORT THE BLOODY GAUGE & SENDER before worrying about what may be causing this overheating (which may or may not actually exist).

Anything else hanging off your truck we should know about before trying to offer help & advice?

It wasn't cooling properly when i went round. Gauge or not, the temperature displayed on megatune was too high !

But i agree, sort the gauge on the dash :)

Sorted this now I think, did two things not checked which was the issue, firstly I connected this pipe up...

62A06460-2ECA-4E20-8AAA-19FC322E5458-785

And secondly in the idle control settings I changed the algorithm from b&g to pwm, and changed the settings to those shown here...

http://www.extraefi.co.uk/idlevalve.htm

And now it idles, not too bad a little hunting now and then but least its going!

Managed to get the timing light on it and it shows 10btdc or thereabouts which it says on the megatune.

Had a problem of an airlock too, maybe I need the bleed pipe like the classics had, but think its cleared for now.

Also had my first neighbour complaining! Apparently it's driving them crazy, it is a little loud though, think ill have to get a silencer made up as its only running the tiny td5 back box :)

Mike

If this is it then thats a NO NO

Remove the filler on the front drivers rocker, that has a flame trap to go in, then hose to T piece - the T PIECE IS ESSENTAIL as its a restrictor, and then 2 x hoses to rocker and trumpet etc

Filler goes elsewhere

This has to be right otherwise its going to vent very wrongly and cause real problems the restrictor is essential

N

Ok some pics of the engine bay

7E38045F-DFEF-429F-9786-A6105E61C6D4-237

10046610-F270-4FE6-B63E-ECFFDA62C2A6-237

E60611F2-7839-47E7-A830-6773EBB2B56A-237

171 f, but its slightly disconcerting when the dash temp guage is showing in the red! Was working fine before though its had a new sender.

The one problem I've found regarding the cooling is the top rad hose has a bend in it, which peaks higher than the rad, hopefully sorting that today.

Had to bodge the rocker breather for the time being too.

Nige not sure what happened with the original pwm settings, but I didn't change anything, at least not on purpose :)

Anyway, I've reloaded the file you sent me this morn and its how it should be so honestly don't know what happened there.

This is where the problem starts, how exactly do you set it on the spark table? I know I'm probably being extremely thick about this :)

Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated

No that was the old setup, this is how it is now, bought the proper parts, I've had to bodge it a little and need to connect up the drivers rocker breather too as that just vents to atmosphere at the minute

Is that a WHITE t-piece? Pretty sure the one with a restrictor in it is black, has a small brass insert in the end of the small exit.

A standard water hose T, if that is what you have, will right royally screw things up for you.

Is that a WHITE t-piece? Pretty sure the one with a restrictor in it is black, has a small brass insert in the end of the small exit.

A standard water hose T, if that is what you have, will right royally screw things up for you.

No mate its the correct t piece, sent by rimmers, it has the little restrictor in that reduces it to about 3mm or so, not my fault it's white :0

Ok new starter fitted, swapped temp senders, been out for a run.

Now the temp guage rises to the first white line so it must be the guage or wiring, ill look into that.

Ms shows temp of between 79 and 81c. Is that about right? I'm guessing so as you can get 82degree stats. Mines fitted with the 74 degree one.

Now went out for a run to do a datalog, did that but I noticed two things air fuel ratio is all over the place, but more importantly I think at the minute the tps, is showing odd readings. Are these linear? As the first 3/4s of the throttle pedal register up to 30% on the guage then the last inch does the rest.

On the calibration I'm getting lower figure of around 11 and upper of 254. So they seem ok.

Think I may have sorted the guage problem, well found a possible cause, when I ordered one from rimmers I somehow ordered gtr108 which, in hindsight doesn't even look like a lr part number, infact it's for a triumph, so gonna order a proper one this time :)

Also sorted the tps, I'd mixed the red and green wires up on the relay board, oops. Annoyingly though it still calibrated ok the wrong way round.

So disconnected the pwm today and blanked the pipes off, got a steady idle though a little low at 500 rpm or so, but took it for a drive anyway did.

Can someone just explain a if I'm doing this correctly or not.

So I start data logging, when I've finished it saves it, which I then open with megalogviewer. Then I press ve analyse, which brings up a new box, and it says analyse I think, I press that, it does its thing and another box comes up saying how many cells have been changed etc. press yes on that box. Then lastly I think it says accept new table, I press that. Now does that mean that the changes have been sent to the ecu? If not what do I do from that point?

Also got tuner studio working too, turns out it can't run with megatune running too, probably a basic mistake

Last question have people connected this pipe up?

F6AA7EC2-34AF-4E8E-A0BF-708846ABC54F-109

I'm embarrassed to admit I thought it was a vacum pipe, until Gordon came round and said it was water. Now the carb manifold had a pipe running from the "penthouse" to this connection. On the rad..

0E48B482-C657-4AF3-8886-A06DEED2D277-109

So will it make much difference if its not connected? Or should I just connect it anyway? I'm going with the latter to be honest

Cheers mike

Mike,

Yeah connect that pipe.

You do you the ve analyze, accept the changes and then you have to save the file as a new msq. You have to then open this in mega tune or TS and burn to ecu.

So on the right hand side of the screen after accepting changes, there two buttons one "save msq as" and one "save msq"

So I presumably click the save msq as button and it saves it?

Cheers quagmire I'm getting there :)

Sorry - last post was from my phone :(

Yes, use "Save as" and save the new MSQ with a new filename, I usually use the date followed by a number if I have done more than one in a day. i.e:

03_03_2013_001.msq

03_03_2013_002.msq

03_03_2013_003.msq

That way you never lose a tune and can go back to it if you need to. I sometimes break from this convention if I have made any major changes to the tune that I want to remember.

If you were just to use the "Save msq" option it would save over the msq you just analysed- which could cause you to come a cropper if the ve analyze went fubar and cocked things up at all - happens, computers are not infallible.