Vehicle running lights (rear) help needed please

JST

electrics are not my strong point!

the rear lights and the VRN plate light dont come on, on the rear of my truck cab.

front side lights do.

am i right in assuming that front and rear lights run off the same fuse and are sided? (ie front left on means supply is going to both front and rear)?

i have earth continuity on all parts of the later td5 style male plug that goes into the back of the bulb holder.

i do not have 12v at any of them.

the brake lights work.

i am assuming i am loosing the 12v feed from the fuse box to the rear somewhere.

any suggestions as to where this is likely to be? i guess quite early on if its both sides and the no plate lights??

any help greatly appreciated.

I would first check the obvious - test the bulbs.

Then Fuses 18 & 19 are responsible for the left & right hand lights. They are unlikely as you say the front lights are working - but confirm that when you pull one then the other fuse out, the corresponding front light extinguishes. This is just to check that the wiring is standard.

Try putting power in to the rear lights directly. This is easiest through the rear number plate light. Just connect a wire from the battery +ve to the +ve end on one of the two bulbs (having removed the cover) - and see what lights up?

Si