LWT Vent Panel wanted

bmhor

Greetings all,

Does anyone "happen" to have a semi decent LWT bulkhead top panel/ vent panel taking up space that they would like to part with?

I thought mine was OK 'till I discovered some person had welded it to the bulkhead and as the bulkhead is being rebuilt, the trauma to the top will probably be to much for it!

Bob

evening,

my airportable vent panel is complete scrap,as far as its role in being a vent panel ! but i intend to either replace the vents with sheet steel, and make the panel solid, or try and fabricate one from a series 3 bulkhead ( cut down of course )

you can still buy them new for a few hundred pounds, and i dare say that somebody may have one for sale, but i am guessing they wont be cheap.

i am near to completing a complete rebuild of the airportable bulkhead, and the next item on the list will be the vent panel, i will be posting pictures, as and when bits are finished.

i could have simply bought a new bulkhead and vent panel, but at around £1000, it was a little out of my budjet :-)

you could ring some of the following, maybe they could help ?

http://www.jakewright.com/default.aspx

http://www.paddockspares.com/

http://www.pablanchard.co.uk/

you wont find a vent panel on their websites, you will have to enquire.

cheers...

Thanks for the info.

I thought it was OK 'till I looked closer...

I'm going to rebuild the bulkhead to take 90/110 brake/clutch and throttle as the footwells are scrap anyway.

As you can see from the photo its sitting on a shortened R/R chassis (93.9") so the LWT steering was not going to work anyway.

post-1563-1158607748_thumb.jpg

have you tired lwt owners club? I know they do footwells and thelower hinge side panel - will look in the mag tonight if I rememeber.....

Unfortunately the footwell and side panels won't fit the "new look" bulkhead as I'm having to modify the footwells to 90/110 size.

The only part of the job I'm not looking forward to is having to form the recess for the hinges!!

Hi Ade,

This is me on a tidy up mission again, old R/R and old LWT Oh and old 90 2.5 n/a diesel engine and box. Chuck in a big pile and see what transpires.....

Thanks for that Ralph, but the plans changed.

I've decided that due to the time it would take to build a new bulkhead and then the cost of the vent panel is not worth it so, the plan is now to modify a 90/110 bulkhead that I just "happen" to have in stock.

It's off a "D" plate 90 and its solid!

Stripped the dash off last night and apart from several live .22 rounds, several "large" hypo needles, several hundered spiders and a little bit of surface rust it does not look like too bad a job!

I'll try to remember to do the photo thing as work progresses.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

is that the lightweight with the 2.5 n/a in it?

i think i must last have seen it around the time of your frosty picture when you'd installed the shiny new home brew crossmember.

i cant remember if it had an engine in it when i saw it, been much progress since the photo?

callum

(from down the road, or rather across the great divide since they demolished the roundabout and closed kirkliston)

is that the lightweight with the 2.5 n/a in it?

i think i must last have seen it around the time of your frosty picture when you'd installed the shiny new home brew crossmember.

i cant remember if it had an engine in it when i saw it, been much progress since the photo?

callum

(from down the road, or rather across the great divide since they demolished the roundabout and closed kirkliston)

Yes thats the one.

The chassis works completed and been blasted and painted, the back tub is bolted on and the "new" bulkhead is on awaiting completion.

Just need lots more time to get on with it.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the saying about the best laid plans of mice and men???????????????????

Well the plans changed, someone came around waving pound notes wanting a 2.5 N/A diesel engine and it would have been rude not to take his money!

The thinking is now that the LWT is going to get a 2.8 Isuzu engine since I just happen to have one and have just bought the adaptor kit from Iain (the yellow 110 Callum).

He ho here we go again...

Bob

That is a good question Ralph.

Watch this space, all I've got to do is keep the 90and the 110 going, convert the R/R from VM 2.5 to 200Tdi, strip the Isuzu out the pickup and finish the 110 Hi Cap.....

All in all should be finished for Xmas (some time in the future....)