LWT Vent Panel wanted

bmhor

Well I've just stuck the 90 back together, loaded 6 fire extinguishers and a 14lbs sledge hammer so all I need is the food box and I'm sorted.

When are you coming up?

I'm down on Sat morn 0900 'ish and will be on .350 if your up......

Bob

Whats the saying about the best laid plans of mice and men???????????????????

Well the plans changed, someone came around waving pound notes wanting a 2.5 N/A diesel engine and it would have been rude not to take his money!

The thinking is now that the LWT is going to get a 2.8 Isuzu engine since I just happen to have one and have just bought the adaptor kit from Iain (the yellow 110 Callum).

He ho here we go again...

Bob

wow, i had great trouble shifting my engine, i believe its still sitting in the back of a land rover somewhere.

a good call on the isuzu i think, not sure how the previous owner of the adapter kit had so much trouble. my time as an owner of an isuzurover has been wonderfully trouble free (long may it continue) and its not had such an easy life, completing a journey from corstorphine last summer with a hole in the radiator. not sure if it was there when i left, but it was certainly quite warm by the time i got home. not that i ever had to do anything to the 2.5 though.

i'm glad you convinced me of it, was able to calculate that i got 30 to the gallon when i replaced my tank over summer and i conquered 'the impossible hill' an old nemesis in the broxburn bings, which has so far defeated all comers. (my landie with old engine, a panda 4x4, a niva, a series 3 diesel and a 2.5 td pajero)

i have a half way installed intercooler now. well the intercooler is in place, but i've not got round tot the plumbing yet, been very busy at uni as is always the case so have been happy to let the parts trickle in over the last few months whilst i've been busy. i think i just need two silicone elbows now and i have most of the bits so might have a go at actually plumbing it in over christmas.

incidentally the guy you sold the niva exhaust to has also just embarked on fixing his brother's lightweight, namely sorting out the vent panel among other things. he did find one for sale...£598!! so is just going to weld it, its not tooooo bad. after reading this thread however i was forced to advise 'if bob cant find one you've not got a hope in hell of getting hold of one'

i'll see if i can find some pics, i'm sure he sent me some.

• 2 weeks later...
i was forced to advise 'if bob cant find one you've not got a hope in hell of getting hold of one'

Hi Callum,

I gave up the LWT bulkhead plan when I realised the state of the rest of the bulkhead.

I could have gone down the route of rebuilding it but could not be bothered and I had a 90/110 b/head lying.

Pop in some time and see progress.

Bob

Hi Callum,

I gave up the LWT bulkhead plan when I realised the state of the rest of the bulkhead.

I could have gone down the route of rebuilding it but could not be bothered and I had a 90/110 b/head lying.

Pop in some time and see progress.

Bob

shall do.

i am free from the tyranny of study next week, a weekend of autcadding a stadium and i shall be freeeeee.

callum

• 2 weeks later...