Military number plates

jameshub

i understand the standard number plate registration which is made of black back and one lettering is illegal but i want some and will change if i get pulled by police.

after all, there are plenty of other illegal plates out there....

my question is, does anyone know anywhere that will make them up for me?

having non compliant plates may result in lots of hassle you don't need, you cannot use military 2 numbers/2 letters/2 numbers type plates on civilianised ex-military vehicles on public roads, [for obvious security reasons] BUT you can have them for use at vehicle shows only.& the must be removed or covered before heading out on public roads & the correct reg plates in the correct style displayed.

try one of these websites/suppliers click here gogle is your friend

having non compliant plates may result in lots of hassle you don't need, you cannot use military 2 numbers/2 letters/2 numbers type plates on civilianised ex-military vehicles on public roads, [for obvious security reasons] BUT you can have them for use at vehicle shows only.& the must be removed or covered before heading out on public roads & the correct reg plates in the correct style displayed.

try one of these websites/suppliers click here gogle is your friend

i have a normal road legal registration number, i just dont like the yellow back with white letters/numbers so just wanted them like look like military

Reflective reg plates must be used on ALL [serving military vehicles are exempt] vehicles after Jan 1973, if you want to take the chance using non reflective white or silver digits on black background plates then it's entirely up to you, just be aware that ignorance of the legal situation is no defence if you get stopped by the boys/girls in blue.

• 2 months later...

Normally the silver letters on black plates (no silver border unless on the later 110's/Defenders) are kept for shows, a few minutes to swap over from reflective civilian plates to the military ones. That said - you'd be amazed how many vehicles can be seen whizzing around during the W&P show going out to the supermarket, filling station or take-away that leave the show plates on. Kent police don't seem overly bothered then but I guess after the show finished it would be a different matter. :D

Craigs plates will make you show plates, but really, I mean really do you want a reason for a copper to stop you and start looking round the rest of the truck, smelling that one beer you had (it was one, wasn't it?)

Not worth it IMHO.

bit on the WALTish side? :ph34r: there's wanting mil plates for show use, then there's forgetting to remove them when you go home. Just another thing not to draw attention to yourself. Next there will be a question along the lines of can I fit De-act gpmg's and milan rocket launchers and can I fit blues and two's and a sand coloured beret with a swordy badge :rtfm: Noooooooooo just NO! :hysterical:

bit on the WALTish side? :ph34r: there's wanting mil plates for show use, then there's forgetting to remove them when you go home. Just another thing not to draw attention to yourself. Next there will be a question along the lines of can I fit De-act gpmg's and milan rocket launchers and can I fit blues and two's and a sand coloured beret with a swordy badge :rtfm: Noooooooooo just NO! :hysterical:

If the mil reg starts "10 FM" and the chassis is 109" there is a pretty fair chance the first and last items might be answered yes!! :stirthepot:

Damn right NO! far too many bloody walts about as it is without another one appearing!!!