v8 torque convertor removal/fitting and setup

muttleyd

Right posted this in here as the setup is range rover rather than defender.

Spare engine acquired hopefully it will get me by for a bit but need to swap it with current incumbent

Was going to swap the torque convertor for the one on the current engine. However looking through the Haynes book for the rangie classic there is not much info. Not so much as any bolt torques.

Any info or advice?? I understand there is some height setting depending on the box number. Is there anything else to change. Any links to some info pages would be useful as well

Thanks

I knew I had seen the height settings details somewhere.....I tried to find it yesterday for you.....and it has just dawned on me where I saw it.

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=51 just scroll to the bottom, where you will find installation tips and the depths for the different box codes. For the torque settings, just look for a download of RAVE.