Is this a record ?

kshurey

I'm well into a (unplanned) refurb of my beloved series 3, part of the refurb being a repaint of the chassis.

It seemed prudent to flush the main members of the chassis prior to the application of wax oil (or something similar). So I set up my trusty jet washer and stuck the nozzle where ever it would fit

I collected the flushings (which was predominantly sand) in a bucket and, being the proud owner of some digital scales, weighed the contents.

It came to 2.8kgs ! This does not include the stuff that missed the bucket and got washed away or the stuff that may still be in there. Realistically we're talking about well over 3 kgs.

It must be said that I'm not the guilty party as I've only had the vehicle a couple of months and most of that has been with it off the road.

Picture supplied with coil for scale

The moral of this sorry tale is:,

'DON'T DRIVE YOUR PRESCIOUS LANDY ON THE BEACH COS THE SAND GETS EVERWHERE AND STUFFS EM!'

post-45786-0-24975900-1361248757_thumb.jpg