Volvo C202 build

You've got a steadier hand than me then ;)

Practice makes perfect, I use a straight edge for anything that is exposed or over an inch or so in length. The quality of the torch makes a big difference as well.

Chassis brackets for the bumpstops and shocks are next, then I'll have a look at anti wrap.

I've been patiently watching eBay for a cheap 6 speed gearbox to come up but they seem few and far between. Going to have to bite the bullet soon and buy one as its holding up work on the front end.

Some top quality profiling and pressbrake work Dan , as always . Looking forward to seeing it more complete. I reckon

It will look great , the 202 cab shape is nicely retro . Hope you and the family are keeping well.

cheers

Steveb

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

That recent thread on the forward control Disco put me in mind of this project, and got me wondering about cab strength for the Volvo, being a Volvo it must have some crash performance you would think? Any progress Dan? or just overtaken by events.......

I also picked one of these up recently, a bit more complete but everything is rotten or seized... It was in a garden in the New Forest since 1993, so it must be the one mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm currently stripping it down and almost ready to lift the body off to sort the chassis, engine and drivetrain. Very tempted to come up with a diesel swap, but not sure which! VW and Merc engines can be mated to the M45 box with off the shelf adaptors, which is an option...

34962495_10155842773478843_1420285357676560384_n.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, warninglight said:

I also picked one of these up recently, a bit more complete but everything is rotten or seized... It was in a garden in the New Forest since 1993, so it must be the one mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm currently stripping it down and almost ready to lift the body off to sort the chassis, engine and drivetrain. Very tempted to come up with a diesel swap, but not sure which! VW and Merc engines can be mated to the M45 box with off the shelf adaptors, which is an option...

34962495_10155842773478843_1420285357676560384_n.jpg

We need a build thread with pictures of this. 😜

Mike

• Like 1

I'll put something together for a build thread, best to give it its own thread or keep C202s together?

Not sure what sort of power and torque this thing can handle, the gearbox and axles aren't particularly strong from what I've read, so we shall see...

2 hours ago, warninglight said:

I'll put something together for a build thread, best to give it its own thread or keep C202s together?

Not sure what sort of power and torque this thing can handle, the gearbox and axles aren't particularly strong from what I've read, so we shall see...

I'd start a new thread, it's the usual way.

I too would wonder about some of the fruitier modern Volvo lumps, the scandi boy racers do some bad, bad things with big turbos and old Volvos :ph34r: