shock absorbers for racing

Henry, how do you find your varidamps?

Brilliant, they worked very well using the base settings that Andy specified straight out of the box and have enabled us to go significantly faster in the rough stuff than ever, whilst holding on to the handling on the fast tracks which was always my car's strength.

I can only really compare them against the ProComps that were on previously, which did a phenomenal job for such a budget damper. I haven't experienced any fade to speak of and they all maintain gas pressure well.

H

I went out in my new car for the first time at waterbeach, I will also be at Bagshot on Sunday

Prolinx set the suspension up in my new car the previous owner had it done, its fantastic well worth having it set up properly I couldn't believe how comfortable it was especially over the really rough stuff that I used to need a chiropractor for the next morning in my old car!!

quick question for everyone running rover v8's, what oil do you use and how often do you change it when racing, i've been told every event? is that right?

ed

I would say it depends a bit on how highly tuned it is and how hard you are on it. Use the best oil you can afford and change it as often as you can afford and you won't go wrong. For me that means...

I change it after every event, I tend to do the bigger more mileagey events anyway, but I do use cheap mineral 20w50.

I suspect if I used a better oil I might be able to get away with leaving it longer, but cheap 20w50 is very cheap in my experience.

Mine is a standard 3.9 Serpentine with a Piper cam and running Omex 710. Rev limiter is set for 6500 and we use it a bit.

My dad uses Valvoline VR1 in his historic rally Hillman Imp, but that is a highly tuned engine and revs to nearly 10k!

• 3 months later...